A couple of years back, I visited the amazing city of Bergamo. If you haven’t heard or visited this city before, it’s really a shame. It’s not far from Milan, approx 40 km away. Actually, when you fly from London (or any other place) to Milan, some airways arrive at Milano Bergamo Airport.
This was a day trip to this city, so I did not really had much time to spend in the city but I do believe I had seen the best of it! And the pictures will confirm it! 🙂
I was very tired to be honest as I hadn’t had any sleep for 24 hours but it was all worth it! I travelled from London to Milan Bergamo with RyanAir as they had the cheapes tickets available. I spent a total of approx. £40 (return)
I strongly recommend you book your tickets in advance, maybe a month or so.. If you want to fly cheap.
- Always walk, don’t use any public transport in that city as it is very small and you’ll be able to see much more
- The best pizza you can find is in the old part of the city, up on that hill! (La Cita Alta – the city above)
- The best view is on the hill as well, so don’t be lazy, kick in some redbull or espresso and good luck!
- Do NOT forget your camera! You will surely regret it!
- Book your flights in advance in order to get a good deal!
- check Tripadvisor for reviews when booking a hotel or BnB etc