A couple of years back, I visited the amazing city of Bergamo. If you haven’t heard or visited this city before, it’s really a shame. It’s not far from Milan, approx 40 km away. Actually, when you fly from London (or any other place) to Milan, some airways arrive at Milano Bergamo Airport.
This was a day trip to this city, so I did not really had much time to spend in the city but I do believe I had seen the best of it! And the pictures will confirm it! 🙂
I was very tired to be honest as I hadn’t had any sleep for 24 hours but it was all worth it! I travelled from London to Milan Bergamo with RyanAir as they had the cheapes tickets available. I spent a total of approx. £40 (return)
I strongly recommend you book your tickets in advance, maybe a month or so.. If you want to fly cheap.
I’ve seen beautiful places in UK but this one here is simply breathtaking! Especially on a sunny and warm day.
From Swansea it is just one hour by bus. If you have a car, well, much better than the bus and much easier to get there as well as comfortable!
There are also a couple of pubs over there where you can have lunch or dinner or just a beer with a view! Beware it’s always packed so try to get there in non lunch/dinner hours!
- comfortable shoes (not slippers, it is quite rocky over there)
- a parka in case it starts raining. No umbrella as it is too windy for one (usually)
- bottle of water and snacks for when walking until you get a table at the pubs.
- a blanket in order to sit on the grass and enjoy the view on top of he cliffs.
- of course, DO NOT forget the camera! The views are amazing and you are going to regret not taking it with you.